Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cruel and unusual

In my infinite wisdom I decided I should do one of those seven day detox things. I chose to start this weekend, i.e. the weekend that it's raining and Mel left for a week overseas. So I am stuck indoors with a toddler on a rainy weekend. I used to love rainy weekends. Rainy weekends are excellent for staying in bed, reading a book (writing a book even!), having a long, hot bath or watching endless DVD's. All of these things are not possible when one is alone in the house with a two-year-old. Rainy weekends with a toddler are actually quite torturous. And this particular weekend I have chosen to deprive myself of caffeine and alcohol.

The sun came out briefly so I piled us into the car and we headed to the beach. Annabelle refused to walk at all and I hadn't taken a pram. I'm thinking "It just gets better and better" as I lug 15kg of chatty toddler along the waterfront. When we got to my favourite coffee shop, I ordered a large decaf (Swiss filter decaffeinated so no chemicals used in the decaffeinating process) soy flat white with no sugar to go. mmmmm YUMMY!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I'm not dead yet so that's a good sign.

No comments: