Sunday, April 13, 2008

I got another letter...

The first letter from uni said I was on the Dean's Merit List. For that you needed a GPA of 6.0 or above (Distinction) and be in the top 10%.

The second letter said that I will graduate with Distinction, and that this special thing would be noted on my Diploma.

The third letter arrived on Friday and said that I have been awarded the Dean's Medal for outstanding academic performance. And I bet the Dean doesn't even know that I did that course as a single parent with a baby who never slept through the night... ha! Now that is outstanding. I had to look up what it means and apparently it is for graduating in the top 2%, so no, contrary to what the letter says, it isn't THE Dean's Medal, as in.. there's not just one of them.

So I'm waiting for my next letter now. Surely there must be some other grand prize I can collect? Perhaps a gold trophy or a cash scholarship? Entry to any Masters degree in the country? What they expect me to happy with a little old Dean's Medal when clearly I'm a freakin' genius??!!

So I will be there on June 3rd to collect my medal. I need to find a babysitter (such is my life.. Mel will be in Noosa for "work") but I'll be there with bells on so Sydney folk, put me in your diaries. Hooray for an excuse to go to Sydney! That's the most exciting bit of the whole thing. :)

1 comment:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

Congratulations cass that is freaking wonderful! Not only are you excellent on time management and kid wangling you are very smart too :D

Hope you're well
xx