Sorry I haven't had much time to post lately. I'll come back later to write more but just wanted to stop in and say hi. The Scarsdale Challenge had to end four days early when I remembered I was booked into a two day training program with lunch provided, but in ten days I lost 3.5kg. Yay! Training involved muffins and biscuits and some creamy lunch dish so I think I've put back on a kilo. Ah well....
Speaking of training though, it was really, really good. It was about working with abused chidren (or children exposed to family violence, which is a form of emotional abuse) and their parents. It was also about how abuse and violence in the first few years of life affect a child's brain development. It was SO interesting and I'm hoping to use a lot of it in my work. I've got another more indepth training next month just on the brain development stuff and I'm wetting my pants with excitement about that one already.
Apart from that I've been feeling very "meh". I don't know if it's hormones (I still have to get that damned Mirena removed) but every now and then I get very dissatisfied with my lot in life, in particular being in this place where I have no friends, no-one who can look after Annabelle so we can get a break, no real relationship with my husband because of the aforementioned lack of time together. We started talking yesterday about planning for a holiday at Christmas, so that perked me up a bit considering the last time we had a real holiday was 2004! It has to be somewhere that has a creche though because if we spend $5000 to go on a holiday and still get no break, I will book myself into the nut farm.

2 comments:
Go to Fiji. They have nannies there for $3 an hour AND a creche they can go the whole day for $5 and they love kids and the kids have an absolute ball.
Funny you should mention that Shed because Fiji is the place we were planning to go!! Can you email me the place you stayed at?
Post a Comment