Thursday, May 21, 2009

*cough cough splutter*

I'm falling apart at the seams, but sadly there is no time to be sick or tired so I'm trying very hard not to be either of those things. And failing miserably.

Have I posted to say I finished at work? And I even bailed a day earlier than I was supposed to! I couldn't bear going back in for that last day when my two favourite chicks weren't going to be there so I thought "gee I wish I had an excuse not to come in" and the next minute I chipped my tooth on a breadroll. Yes, a breadroll. See? I manifested it. Of course I needed to make a dentist appointment for the very next day and had to ring the CEO to tell her I couldn't make it in for my last shift. Hallelujah! (Probably next time I should manifest a cheaper excuse since the dentist cost me $600...)

Then last weekend I attended an EFT workshop (Emotional Freedom Techniques), which I will be back to tell you all about (tap, tap, tap...).

And all the while I've been slogging away at my noony work (as Annabelle calls it.. "uni work" to the rest of us), churning through one deadline after another and dragging my germy, coughy self to all the classes when I'd totally rather be in bed but if you miss a class you have to do a "redemption exercise" and I say FUCK THAT. As if I've got time to do more work than I already have to. Sheesh.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be having my quality day with my daughter since I've cancelled her Fridays at childcare, but instead I have to go and do an observation session for that behaviour therapy I mentioned before - with autistic kids. If I like that and think I'd like to do it for a job, I have to attend the training which is THIS weekend. ALL weekend. Nice timing (NOT), considering my next major assignment is due next week. So I'm trying very hard not to be sick. Or tired.

The GOOD NEWS is that Mel has started trying very hard (bless him) to find some dates that we can have some weekends away because I told him that if we don't, I might actually divorce him and I think he believed me.

And tonight I am having drinks with the girls from work to celebrate a few of us resigning and that will be the first time I have had drinks with the girls (ie. no husband and no child) since Annabelle was born 3 years ago. How sad and tragic is that?! When I realised it, I actually was quite shocked. No wonder I'm such a miserable whingey cow. I never have any goddamned FUN!

I'm supposed to be coaching a client as we speak (type) but she seems to have forgotten our appointment so I better get on with my next assignment.

Later.

2 comments:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

I've tagged you, there you can do that why you are sick lol
http://incrediblyus.blogspot.com/

BelleCass said...

Hey Nat, what happened to your blog?