Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Spring has sprung!

The first day of Spring was a bit of a fizzer here in SA. It was cold and raining and I was quite put out because I usually LOVE the first of September and usually it seems to know what it's supposed to do and manages to turn on some nice weather, even if only for the day. Alas, not so this year..


I'm happy to report that yesterday was much more seasonal. Gorgeous and warm with blue skies. I had to drive to an appointment and even had the window wound down enjoying the warm breeze. Last night, for the first night in months we slept without the a/c on overnight (no lectures about my carbon footprint, this house is freezing in the winter!) and when we got home in the afternoon, I actually opened up the back of the house and Annabelle happily played outside in the daylight at 6pm.


The change in season has definitely changed my mood. After being in a slump for the past few weeks I'm feeling a little more positive about lots of things that I've been feeling less than positive about. I'm still re-thinking this whole working gig though. Well, I should say I'm rethinking the working FIVE DAYS thing. I don't enjoy being apart from Annabelle that long and worry about how it might affect her in the long-term. Now that the novelty of the job is wearing off, it's really starting to bother me. I have to say, nice weather certainly isn't conducive to wanting to be in an office for five days!! I'd much rather be in the park with my girl.


Who knows? If interest rates keep coming down maybe I can afford to find something part-time. Wouldn't that be nice!

No comments: