Thursday, September 11, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

I found a new (potential) supervisor. She is a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in attachment and relationships and works with mothers and children. Totally up my alley. She's very lovely and would be a great supervisor and if I kept working here and undertook a supervision program I'd be registered in two years. Cool. The catch is that her fee is higher than the other dude I was going to go with, and I'm not sure if my boss will pay the extra, but maybe I could kick it in myself. I'm not sure but I'm happy to have the option of working with her.


To keep my options open, I've also applied for Masters next year. I wouldn't be able to afford to study full-time so I'd have to do it part-time which would take FOUR years. Ugh. But it's a much more highly regarded qualification and I'm probably going to do it eventually anyway. Even doing it part-time I could probably only work part-time because it's pretty full on - so between working part-time and studying part-time, Annabelle would still need to be in full-time daycare. And of course my current job is five days, so I'd have to either negotiate less hours or find a different job.


I don't know which is the best way to go. I also don't know how long we might stay in Adelaide so the two year supervision option seems more attractive because it's quicker and at least I'm earning money and I would get registered (Hello Medicare Rebate!) and then there are Masters courses you can do externally once you're registered.


*sigh* gotta go.. I'm supposed to be working... but I'm all confused. I think I need to meditate on it.

No comments: