Mel and I both bought new runners yesterday. Getting new running shoes is always very exciting I think. It's not so much about the shoes but the anticipation of what you might do in them. As I tried mine on, I had mental images of striding along the waterfront on a beautiful Spring morning or pumping some iron in the gym or crossing the finish line in a 10km fun run (or even a half marathon). For Mel it's all about Hawaiian Ironman. After all these years, he still hasn't let go of that dream. And good on him because yesterday he bought new shoes and to his credit, this morning he put them on and headed out the door. It's bloody cold out there!
I'm looking forward to tying up my laces and going to the gym later, even though I haven't had the motivation to go for three weeks. See what new shoes can do? hmmmm.... imagine how fit I could get with an iPod Nano..... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment