Maybe that, and the fact that he didn't have to do the same thing in reverse on Sunday put us both in a good mood. Maybe it was the glorious 26 degree days. Maybe it was Annabelle getting through the weekend with barely a snivel, let alone anything resembling a tantrum. Maybe a combination of the whole lot, but we had a great weekend.
Saturday started with a trip to Central Market again, but this time I took a picture. We love the Market, that's for sure. To fit in with the locals though, we really need to get us one of those push trolley thingys. They appear to be standard issue, and you can buy them at the market. Of course.
Then we decided since it was such a pleasant day, we should have lunch at the beach. I bought burgers from the Gourmet Goose (divine) and we sat on the grass feeding our left-over gourmet hand-cut potato chips (infused with rosemary) to the seagulls. I'm not sure the seagulls appreciated that these were no ordinary chips. Ungrateful bastards.There was a man giving away free Calippo Gelatos (ie ice blocks) so we took one to see if Annabelle would like it. After one taste, the child who insists on "walk, walk, walk!"ing promptly sat down in the middle of the footpath so that she could concentrate fully on her Calippo Gelato. Yep, she liked it.

On Sunday, we took a drive to the Hills to find the big Mountain Bike Park. Mel was very impressed to find it's only 20 minutes from home. We also called in to the gym around the corner and I'm pleased to report they offer several pump classes every week.
So things are good. I also worked on a few personal projects that I'll probably report on later in the other blog. But now it's Monday and I personally feel refreshed and ready to take on another week.

No comments:
Post a Comment