Sorry about that. Last Friday I had a meeting with my research supervisors and got filled in on all the things I have to do to get my final ethics approval from the hospital. There were only a few wee things to be done to get the hospital approval, but I had TOTALLY forgotten that I need to get uni approval too. Derr!! So it's been a mad rush to put together a 2nd ethics application this week, as well as make all the amendments to the first one.
Annabelle was only in daycare for two days and it's been impossible to get anything done with her home so all the while she's been home, I've been quietly stressing about the fact that it's not being done! But over the past two days I've managed to get most of it sorted out I think, so today (while she's home again) we will be busily running all over the city getting signatures and verifications and submitting them all to the respective committees.
To put it in perspective, the group I am evaluating for my research starts in early February. I have to meet the participants, get their consent and give them some questionnaires to do before the group starts but I can't do a single thing until I get the ethics approval. It is now 14th January.... EEK!!!
In other news, Annabelle is gorgeous and I've been loving spending more time with her. She was adamant she didn't want to go back to daycare this week but once she got there she loved it. She is constantly asking me for a baby brother AND a baby sister. She even came up with the amazing plan that to lighten the load for everyone, I could grow the sister in my tummy and dad could grow the brother in his (you know, because he's a boy and everything). So I've told her that only mums can grow babies and there can only be one, so I might work on a brother for her later in the year. She seems ok with that for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment