I'm not too sad about the long weekend coming to a close because I have the next couple of weeks off, though I know that tomorrow will be a "work" day regardless of my being at home so it does feel like the holiday is over. It was nice to take some time out to relax and enjoy the last of the glorious weather and for Mav to be home for a change! Following is the pictorial update:
Miss Annabelle having her takeaway coffee at the beach (our standard Saturday morning routine)..


Then Sunday morning Annabelle hunted for Easter eggs.



When I told her the Easter Bunny had been and deposited the chocolate eggs all over the house and yard, she looked at me is if I was mental and said "No Mum, Dad bought them from the shop!" I don't think it's that she didn't believe me (I mean really.. it's a very plausible story that one about the rabbit getting into your house in the middle of the night, don't you think?) but more that the only chocolate eggs she's ever seen are from Coles and she couldn't quite figure out the difference.
Later we headed across the road to Pippa's house, where two fairy princesses had a lovely time together and grown-ups had a BBQ and a very laid-back afternoon.


We did an Easter Egg Hunt in the park with Pippa's older brothers, who quickly found all the easter eggs while I swear the two fairy princesses couldn't find an easter egg if it jumped out and whacked them on the nose!


But we made sure the goodies were distributed evenly. Fairy princesses admired their stash:


And then as if they hadn't seen enough of each other, Pippa came over to our house today and they played happily for about five hours!

We still have a mountain of chocolate in the house. What were we thinking?? We have ONE little girl who really does not need fattening up! I guess once you've got kids there's a tendency to go overboard with these things and I think we can pace the chocolate consumption over the next six months or so.
And then it was all over. And a good time was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment