Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's a funny thing..

...how you don't appreciate something until it's gone. Or you don't realise how good you've got it until things get worse.


We kept Annabelle up about an hour later last night and took her to her bed at around 7.45pm instead of 6.45pm. She took almost an hour to get to sleep, and this used to drive me mental but last night I did not even care. Just as long as she sleeps all night. Admittedly, we got through without all the meltdowns and protests we've sometimes experienced so perhaps it wasn't so bad. Her little eyes were rolling around in her head but she just couldn't seem to get to sleep. Anyway... just after 8.30pm (ie just in time for Mel to miss the start of House. D'oh!) she finally dozed off. I sent many prayers to the universe for her to please, please, PLEASE stay in her bed and sleep through the night.


Still, I made sure I was in bed early *just in case* because God knows if I have another night like the last few I could be a danger to society. You know how they say in certain circumstances you shouldn't operate heavy machinery? Well, that would be me.


Sometime during the night, I heard her call for Mummy. I looked at the clock and it was 2.30am. Dear God, No. Not again! She tossed and turned a little and asked for Mummy again. I crept over and patted her a bit until she was quiet. All of about two minutes worth. Then I covered her with her blanket, went back to my own bed and eventually went back to sleep myself. The next time I heard from her was 6.11am when she got up herself and climbed into our bed.


I never thought I would be so happy to be woken at 6am. I feel like a junkie who just got a hit. Sleep, glorious sleep. Never leave me again, baby.

2 comments:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

Oh goodness she is still waking up!
she goes to bed so early wow!!! E goes to bed at 9pm always has done. I sometimes hear her calling but ignore her lol Unless she is relentless!!

BelleCass said...

I've learned to ignore. She usually settles herself back to sleep now THANK GOD! And our new bedtime is "after Home and Away" ie. 7.30pm. I can handle that. :)