I told you I accepted the uni offer just to buy some decision-making time, right? So I decided that I really do want to do the course but I prefer to do it part-time. I was feeling all claustrophobic because suddenly I had all these options in front of me and felt like I had to do them ALL RIGHT NOW. But then I took a breath and realised there is plenty of time for everything.
So I emailed the course coordinator and reinforced that I am VERY excited about studying but is it possible to change to part-time. Today I got a reply that basically said "No problem. Thanks for letting me know. Let's meet in a couple of weeks and look at your planned timetable and work it all out for you". YAY!! Oh, and to put it in perspective.. I don't know if I've mentioned this already but there are only five full-time equivalent places in this course. So five full-time or ten part-time but obviously most people study full-time so they told me in the interview that the only way they can take on a part-timer is if they have another part-timer to take up the other half a place. So I was quite worried that wanting to go part-time would be a BIG problem. I'm very relieved that she was nice about it.
Doing this course means I start studying at the end of January in a Summer Intensive program and even on a half-time basis, that will involve 4 x half-days per week for a month or so. So I absolutely cannot continue to do my job at the same number of hours that I'm currently doing. Which means I have to have a conversation with the CEO and it's one I'm not looking forward to. eek.

No comments:
Post a Comment