On Friday morning I got a call from UniSA. Just when I was thinking "Oh I SO hope I don't get into uni because I SO don't even want to do a stupid Masters program. What a waste of time and money and who'd want to be a stupid psychologist anyway?! No way, I just want to get back into coaching and get a gig on Sunrise (as you do) and be fabulously famous and rich and oh, maybe read tarot cards on the side just for fun", which really means "I'd love to go to uni but I know I'm not going to get in so I'll just start preparing myself for the inevitable rejection by focusing on all my other fantastic but totally unrealistic options so I'm not completely devastated when I get the thanks-but-no-thanks letter in the mail".
And it was working too.
But then I got the call on Friday to say that they haven't yet received my second referee report and could I please chase it up. So I emailed my lecturer and cracked the whip and he called UniSA and then he emailed me back to say 'Never fear, no deadlines have been breached, your glowing referee report is on its way'. And with that, all my telling myself I don't want to go to uni went out the window. I started furiously looking up the UniSA timetable and noting class dates and times in my diary and mentally scheduling coaching clients to be able to pay for daycare and still study full-time and before I knew it, I was totally excited about the prospect. And I haven't even got an interview yet!!! For all I know, they were chasing EVERYONE'S referee reports because they can't assess applications until they get them in..
Oh well, I can only wait and see I suppose but patience never was my strong point. If they do reject me (bastards), I've still got a personal contact at Sunrise.

No comments:
Post a Comment