Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Did I mention...?

That for the five subjects I studied this year (two of which were year-long subjects so more like seven), I achieved four High Distinctions and one Distinction. Impressed?? I was! Man.. I'm a freakin' genius!!

And if I really wanted to blow my own trumpet (who me? :-) I'd also mention that I did it as a single parent, while maintaining a coaching caseload and with Princess Annabelle only in daycare for 3 days a week for most of the year (I upped it to four days towards the end of each semester). Sheesh. No wonder I was so grumpy most of the time. Clearly I was working too hard!

The sucky thing is that those results would most likely get me into any Masters course I want. And most 4th yr graduates want to get into Masters. But for me another 2yrs of full-time study is really not feasible so I have to bang on doors and try to get someone to employ me as an intern and get my registration through two years of supervision. A 4th yr trained psychologist doesn't have the same status or benefits as a 6yr (ie Masters) trained one so I'm quite a bit disappointed about that. I'll do it eventually for sure.. but not right now.

Ah well.. best stop my whinging and go polish up my CV. Hopefully those four HD's will help get me a job!

No comments: